- By making use of this website and/or making a booking with us. You unreservedly accept these Terms & Conditions of use, irrespective of whether or not you have made yourself familiar with them. These General Terms & Conditions apply to all users of our services in addition to additional specific terms which are applied to Private Customers & Business Customers.
- You are responsible for ensuring that the collection and destination address details, passenger and luggage requirements and date and time of travel that you submit are correct in every way. Where you have made an error (whether intentional or otherwise) we will apply additional charges in accordance with the rates in force at the time of the journey to remedy any shortfall.
- Our drivers are experienced professionals and will select a route according to their knowledge and experience. Should you wish to request a specific route or travel via a motorway you must make this clear at the start of the journey. Additional charges may apply in such cases.
- Private Hire Journeys from airports, seaports or rail terminals: Collections from airports, seaports and rail terminals are fully inclusive of up to 30 minutes waiting time and car parking. Additional waiting time will be charged at the rate in force at the time. Collections from other locations will have the benefit of 5 minutes inclusive waiting time, after which waiting time will be charged at the rate in force at the time. Currently this rate is £0.30 per minute for standard vehicles and £0.50 per minute for MPV and Minivan vehicles.
- Any extra charges in respect of deviations to your booked journey, chargeable waiting time or car parking must be paid in cash to your driver at the end of the journey.
- Journey times indicated on our website are automatically calculated and do not take into account traffic conditions or other factors and should therefore not be relied upon as being 100% accurate. If you wish for a more accurate journey time please contact us and we will be happy to advise. All journey times (howsoever advised) are estimates only and we will not be liable in respect of incorrect journey times.
- Cancellation Policy – Where a vehicle has been despatched or reserved for a journey you will be required to compensate the driver for any loss caused by your cancellation of the booking.
- There is no specific additional charge for luggage, and no liability is accepted in respect of the carriage of baggage or other items.
- You are responsible for ensuring that the vehicle requested is suitable for your requirements. No responsibility will be taken should the vehicle prove to be unsuitable and replacement vehicles where provided will be charged at the full applicable rate. Please ensure that you book a vehicle big enough for your party and all luggage.
- Errors & Omissions – We will make every reasonable effort to ensure that all website and booking facilities are operating correctly at all times and that all services are provided in accordance with your requirements. We reserve the right to correct any errors prior to commencement of your journey.
- We cannot be held responsible for events outside of our control that cause interruptions or delays to service including (but not limited to) technical failure, terrorist attack, communications failures, traffic delays, road closures, security alerts, or mechanical breakdowns.
- In all cases our maximum liability will not exceed the amount paid by the customer in respect of the journey.
- Passengers are requested to travel appropriately attired. Smoking, drinking, and the broadcast of audio is not permitted. No passenger will harass or cause nuisance or disturbance of any kind to any driver, or member of our staff. We reserve the right at our sole discretion to refuse or terminate service to passengers who do not comply with these requirements and abide by our ‘passenger code of conduct’.
- Complimentary items such as WiFi etc are provided for your convenience in most vehicles at most times however no liability is accepted in respect of the absence or non-performance of any complimentary items.
- Private Hire Bookings: Vehicles provided will be of a similar standard and specification (or better) to the vehicle requested at the time of booking.
- All Passengers are required to use seatbelts at all times.
- We may cancel any booking or refuse to accept any booking at our sole discretion at all times.
- Pets: ACX does not provide service for the carriage of pets (assistance dogs excepted)
- Children: ACX Express does not provide service for unaccompanied minors unless prior arrangements have been authorised by the management.
- Damage or soiling of vehicles – Any passenger who soils or damages a vehicle will be responsible for the costs of cleaning or repairing the vehicle plus the costs of hiring a replacement vehicle (or compensation for loss of use of the vehicle) whilst such repairs or cleaning are carried out.
- Provision of alternative transportation – Where we are not able to provide the actual service requested we reserve the right to provide alternative transportation without additional charge to you.
- Changes to our terms and conditions – We may make changes to our terms and conditions and such changes will be posted on our website and/or other social media. We will endeavour to give reasonable notice where possible of any changes to these terms and conditions.
- We reserve the right to subcontract or delegate in any manner any or all of our obligations under any Contract to any third party or agent.
- If any provision of these Terms, which is not of a fundamental nature, is held by any court or other competent authority to be invalid or unenforceable in whole or in part, such part, term or provision shall be deemed deleted from these Terms and the remainder shall not be affected. Should the foregoing apply the parties shall use all reasonable endeavours to agree upon any lawful and reasonable changes to these Terms which may be necessary in order to effect, as close as possible, to give effect to the commercial intent of these Terms.
- This agreement will be governed by English Law to which all parties unreservedly submit.
Additional Terms & Conditions for Private Customers
A private customer is defined as a person or entity that makes a reservation for, or travels in a service provided by ACX Express where the service is paid for by any means other than by an established business credit account:
- When making a booking as a private customer, the contract shall be made as between the Company, acting as agent for the Driver/Operator, and the Customer in relation to such services and such Contract shall be subject to these Terms, and any reference in these Terms to the Company shall be a reference to the Driver in relation to the provision of the such services and these Terms shall be considered to be the terms of trading between the Driver and the Customer.
- In consideration for the performance of the services to private customers, the Customer shall pay the Charges to the Driver (as principal) upon completion of the Services, or make payment in advance either by credit card over the telephone or by using any of the payment processors provided on the website at the time of booking.
- Where payment is made by credit card over the telephone or by using any of the payment processors provided on the website at the time of booking ACX Express will process this payment and forward the full amount of payment to the driver or operator providing the service.
Additional Terms & Conditions for Business Customers
A Business Customer is defined as a person or entity that makes a reservation for, or travels in a service provided by ACX Express where the service is paid for by means of a charge made to an established business credit account:
- ACX Express Ltd will act as principal to the Business Customer and will provide the services requested subject to our general terms and conditions. We may subcontract some or all of the provision of services to third party drivers and/or operators.
- A service charge will be applied to all Business Account invoices.
- All services will be invoiced to the Business Account customer periodically and payment will be made by the Business Account customer within 28 days of the date of invoice.
- VAT at the current applicable rate will be applied to all invoices.
- Where payment has not been received for an invoice within 28 days of the date of invoice we may suspend service until such time as payment has been received or satisfactory arrangements for payment have been made.
- Where invoices are unpaid after a period of 28 days we may levy the following additional charges: (1) A service charge of 15% of the invoice total (2) An interest charge of 8% p.a. pro-rate for each day that an invoice remains unpaid (3) Any legal fees, collection fees, court fees, and bailiff fees incurred in the recovery of amounts owed to us.